BlogCatalog

Art & Artist Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pixel to DPI Calculator

Not every app out there has the facility to convert pixels to dpi. Years ago I knocked one together and posted it on Geocities for people to download. But since Geocities demise it vanished without a trace. I have it somewhere on a floppy but it isn't recoverable. So as I recently needed to calculate some odd shaped images for a client, I went looking on the web for an alternative freebie. I did discover a few but these two seemed easiest to use and of course they where free and accessible to most OS's, that is so long as you are using wine on Linux. Mihov DPI to Pixel Calculator is virtually a clone of my app. Maybe there is only one way to make one of these. It is straight forward and does the trick in a jiffy. Put in your desired size, pick the dpi, then calculate. I highly recommend it.
You can find it here. http://www.mihov.com/sw/en/dc.php


The second is an online tool found at Tiporama here. http://tiporama.com/tools/pixels_inches.html Its just as simple and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment