BlogCatalog

Art & Artist Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Quetzalcoatl Tattoo



As part of this book illustration, I have to design a tattoo of a Quetzalcoatl (the winged or feathered snake from ancient South American history). I have begun the first part in Inksape in RGB. I will convert it to CMYK using some online tools for import into Scribus where I will finally save the completed title in *.pdf format ready for the printers. I still will need to give it more of a tattoo texturing, as tattoos tend to be more dot gradient than solid in colour. I am also going to layer on some skin texture in Gimp. The next stage is a string of jelly snakes that make up the rest of the zero in the 102 title. These will seemingly wrap back around and end inside the mouth of the Quetzalcoatl.

No comments:

Post a Comment